What is Alumni for Liberty (AFL)?
Alumni for Liberty (AFL) is the official alumni organisation of Students for Liberty (SFL).
Students for Liberty is growing, and at the same time, it’s growing up. Many of those who joined as students have by now graduated. At the conferences you meet more and more attendees who have never been a Student For Liberty (simply because they had already graduated when the movement started), but nevertheless consider themselves part of the movement.
Having attended SFL‘s events as non-students – and by far not the only ones – we, the creators of Alumni For Liberty (AFL), believe it‘s time to leverage the potential of this vibrant and growing not-only-student community.
Just like SFL started off with a small group of volunteers, AFL is a project started in 2016 by ESFL veterans, including former board members Fabrizio Spaolonzi, Michael Landl, Ulrich Zanconato, former Chairman Lukas Schweiger, and Achim Fischbach.
AFL is in the process of creating a community for everyone that wants to support the cause of liberty. We are a networking platform bringing together former SFL leaders, past and present supporters of SFL, young liberty-minded professionals, businesspeople, opinion leaders, and really anyone who cares about freedom.
Be it online or through our local groups that we are already working on creating, it is a way for you to be involved in the global liberty network.
Benefits of joining AFL include, but are not limited to:
- Listing in and access to the AFL Network Directory.
- Utilization of AFL’s Career Services.
- Free registration to all of SFL’s conferences and events, including the International and European Students For Liberty Conferences.
- Invitations to exclusive events and donor receptions.
- AFL will help you organize your fellow alumni by hosting AFL happy hours in your area.
- Exclusive apparel and gifts only available to our alumni network.
- Ability to invest in liberty activism in your local country.